If you tell me, I will listen. If you show me, I will see. But if you let me experience, I will learn. (Loa-Tse, philosopher, 5th-century B.C.)
The goal of this module is to build grassroots capacity to encourage and support the election of women to public office.
The objectives of this module are (1) to provide women with the information and tools required to organize a campaign school and (2) to encourage more women to run for public office and/or to support women running for public office
We are asking you to log-in again to gain access to this section for two reasons:
- This section is part of Equal Voice’s National Action Plan to increase the number of women running for public office. We need your help to analyse the impact of this tool;
- New material has been provided free of charge by Fraser Kelly, member of EV and founding partner CorpWorld. We will be asking you to indicate any usage you will be making of that particular content in order to protect the copyright.
This section looks at the wide range of possible campaign school events, from an evening get together to a full day or week-end experience. It also provides three course scenarios including suggestions for exercises, handouts and evaluations. And stories on outcomes.
What you will get from this section
You will explore:
a. Getting started
b. Making it happen
- Choosing the trainer or trainers
- Choosing your target audience
- Choosing the location
- Finding the funding
c. Course scenarios
- Setting the agenda
- Choosing guest speakers or panellists
d. Evaluations: before and after
- General points
- Team Building scenario
- Financing scenario
- Communications scenario
e. The outcomes